Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Do you like blue hair? Apparently, I do!

Tonight I decided to dye my hair. It has been a long awaited process that I was sort of fearing. And now I know why... I dyed it reddish brown. On the box it was so pretty and mostly brown...darker brown. My hair turned orange. Not brownish orange, not reddish orange. Just orange. Guess since my hair has been dyed (highlighted) blond for so long. The lighter colors soak up the darker ones better. DUH! And after it was all said and done, I remembered my hair dresser(s) saying, "don't ever dye your hair blond from a store bought box. And when you get it highlighted don't ever dye it (darker) anything w/ red in it." My natural hair color is too dark to dye it blond myself. And silly me, I didn't want to keep paying an arm and a leg every 3-4 mo. to get my hair 'touched up.' So, I went darker. Back to the color part of the story... Since my hair was orange. I went to the store and bought a darker color to take away any blond/orange left over. It was blackish brown. And now my hair is so so dark, it looks blue! I look like someone who is trying really hard to be a member of the White Stripes. I am not exaggerating either. You know when your 3 year old looks at you and says, "oh mommy I looove your hair. I loooove the color blue, ummm, and yes, I like black too." I know it is not the end of the world. And I do not care too much but when I see myself in the mirror I actually jump. It is so shocking and different for me. Matt likes it, or he says he does. My mom actually said, "ohhh now that sounds pretty." hahah! Anyone who knows my mom knows that, that doesnt sound like something she'd say. I seriously thought she'd cry! And she might. She hasn't seen it yet. I just described it to her. Anywho, just felt like typing some unimportant nonsense.

No comments: